Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Gratuitous belly shot and some knits

Chatting with my soon to be SIL has made me realize how long its been since Ive posted. I have some new stuff to share. One of which is my growing belly. 19 weeks and looking pregnant yay! Its nice to look like I'm growing a baby finally instead of just fat/bloated. We had an ultrasound last week that confirmed what Ive known all along, that its a boy! I can't wait to get started on all the boy projects I have in mind. I've finished the baby sophisticate sweater from ravelry. Just need to add some boy-ish buttons. I found the pattern not perfect but once I got going, pretty easy to follow. There are a few things I would change next time around (making the arms and front panels wider), but it was a pretty quick knit and fun to knit all in one piece. I plan to cast on v2 tomorrow at Craft Night at Mae's house.


I also finished this little monkey inspired by the Small Bunny pattern also from ravelry. He was a gift for the yet to be born baby Mason. His momma and daddy both grew up with adored monkey softies so I had to make one for little Mason.
Ive got ideas for a few tshirt refashions as well as some summer maternity items. I think we'll have all my craft stuff moved from the baby's room into Bruce's office this weekend so hopefully Ill have my sewing space back and the frenzy can begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment