Monday, October 5, 2009

Apples and Zombies


Bruce's uncle Terry (Brenda's Dad) is one of my favorite people. Generous, helpful & kind I never leave his house without something delicious. Sometimes fresh eggs, blueberries, salmon caught that day or cleaned crabs. I swear, when the zombie apocalypse happens, I'm headed straight for Terry's. This time, it was apples. A huge plastic grocery bag of them. 2 apple pies (in the freezer) and one apple crumble later (sorry, Bruce and I devoured it before I could take pictures). I still have half a bag. I'm thinking about a chocolate apple cake recipe I found. Any other suggestions?
Last night Bruce took me to see Zombieland. It was super fun. After that we went to dinner at Trellis in Kirkland. If you live in the area and haven't been, run... don't walk. It was lovely. Staff was attentive, friendly and helpful and the food was fantastic.
I also did some sewing and knitting over the weekend.


The squid-cat from Coraline for a friend's niece.


A bunny nugget from the free pattern on Rebecca Danger.

No comments:

Post a Comment