Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Halloween here I come.

This time of year is always highly anticipated and then over before I can bat an eye. Not so this year. I am making a conscious effort to stop and smell the pumpkin pie. Last weekend I spookified the front yard as well as finished setting out some of my indoor decorations.


I put together an awesomely gross centerpiece with some stuff I already had laying around the house and the rest of Terry's apples.


I painted pumpkins. Got the idea at Pink and Polka dot. She uses plastic décor pumpkins but I decided that I could justify buying pumpkins earlier if I were to paint them with acrylic paint and then wash it off when it's time to carve! This way I don’t have to go and buy more pumpkins when the ones I carved at the beginning of the month are falling apart right before Halloween. Win Me!


I bought a costume for Joe which needs some slight mods. Ill post pics when they're finished. And I neglected to bake. I haven’t been in the most bakey of moods, however, since the nice manager at top foods told me there is a national canned pumpkin shortage and I am a sucker for stocking up, I now have 5 cans of pumpkin puree staring at me from my pantry. I will be indulging them soon. I'm on the hunt for fantastic pumpkin recipes and I think the first will be an attempt at a pumpkin scone. Stay tuned for the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment