Monday, September 26, 2011

A little bag for Jack


Yeeeesss! Ive finished something in one sitting! I can't tell you how good that feels. I've been working on Jack's quilt and various knitting projects which are all fine and good until your soul cries out for something to actually be finished. Enter the extra long naps Jack has been taking lately (such a good boy) and something I've been meaning to try forever. I give you the fabric basket or bucket or bag or whatever you want to call it.


I used an old pair of pants for the outer and some super cool vintage fabric I scored at the senior center swap meet that I had no idea what to do with.


I didn't use a pattern and my math was a little off. Oof, should have paid better attention in high school geometry. But fabric can be forgiving and so I just fudged the edges a bit as I was pinning and it came out OK. All in all I'm pretty pleased. I think it'll be easier next time. Perhaps I'll bust out a couple more of these before I go back to that quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment