Monday, November 14, 2011

Another Christmas present for Jack: floor cushion


I've been kicking ass this year in the handmade gift department. Perhaps the universe is making up for last year but everything seems to be coming together quickly and almost exactly as planned (wouldn't be hand made without a couple of bumps). I've had this project on my gift list for Jack since forever. Its the land of nod inspired floor cushion from Living with Punks. There are so many great tutorials on Susan's blog and this one didn't disappoint.


I didn't have any piping so I used strips of corduroy along the edges and I think it worked out just fine. I can see that the thickness of home dec fabric would have probably made a pillow with a bit more structure. I would definitely go that route next time. It looks a little overstuffed. That's OK though, Jack doesn't seem to mind.


Part of the beauty of this age is that I can check out the sizing of my mama made presents and then whisk them away at nap time. He wont remember a thing. Win.

4 comments:

  1. That turned out great! This has been on my list of to-do for over a year now...one day. I also love that we can make presents in front of the kiddos and they have no idea...not for long though, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! It looks great! I'm forever looking at Land of Nod magazines for inspiration. I'd love for you to link up at my party Stitch n' Niche Saturdays: http://www.coffeeandtheirkisses.com/2011/11/stitch-n-niche-saturdays-7-features.html.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun! You did a great job :)

    ReplyDelete