Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012!


Yay! Its 2012! Pardon me while I attempt to wade through this food/drink coma. Hubbs is starting a new job this week but we worked it so that he had the last couple weeks of December at home with us. We have been merrymaking aplenty. Eating too much, drinking too much, going to the park and the children's museum, strolling through Candy Cane Lane (a Seattle staple) and visiting friends. Its been so wonderful to have all this time together as a family. That being said, we are all looking forward to getting back to some sort of schedule and I have been looking forward to non-holiday crafting and sewing. I have a list of course, some of which is not super glamorous (mending that has been put off for waaay too long) but I wanted to start with something fun. I asked for Little Things to Sew for Christmas and I am so glad my Mom obliged. I LOVE this book. There are so many cute and fun projects I had a little trouble deciding what to make first. I finally settled on the Cozy Winter Hood.



It was so easy and fun to sew! I used a felted sweater as the outer and an old t-shirt as the inner. Its warm and soft and in my opinion, ridiculously cute.



And now that this little man never wants to come indoors, he can't have too many warm hats can he?

No comments:

Post a Comment