Sunday, May 29, 2011

Baby Eva

I have this girlfriend, I'm sure many of you do. She knows me better than anyone (except my hubby) even though we haven't lived in the same state for 7 or 8 years now. She accepts me fully for who I am, what I do and don't believe in, and loves me anyway. She is a kind, wildly intelligent and poetic soul and I adore her. We (without consulting one another) decided to start families and got ourselves knocked up within 6 months of each other. Beautiful, beautiful Eva Lopez was born in March and I love her already. This of course, leads me to make some things for this delicious baby I have never met.


I used a freezer paper stencil to make this Emu onesie, because every baby needs a shirt with an animal that starts with the first letter of their name on it. The onesie came from old navy, the Emu silhouette from a google search.


I made these comfy play pants out of recycled material i.e. some old pj's and an old t-shirt using the pattern I have developed for Jack.


I made a goof ball like the ones I made for Jack and Mason for Easter. Even used some of the same fabric I picked up in Kamakura when Bruce took me to Japan for my 30th. I stuff mine with plastic grocery bags. Its a good way to recycle, they make a lovely crinkly sound when squished, and I like the idea of stuffing with something that, god forbid a baby was able to rip the ball apart, he wouldn't be able to eat before I noticed.


I made a binkie clip like the ones I've made for Jack. There are a million tutorials online, but I believe I leaned most heavily on Disney's. Just do a google search and find one that suits your sensibilities/stash.


I made a tiny baby skirt. Its ridiculously frivolous because, does a baby really need a skirt? But I just imagine her sweet little self wearing it over a onesie and my heart grows 3 sizes. I made it using Jack's measurements (Sorry Kel, I know she probably wont be able to wear any of this for a bit since I'm working a couple months out) and my basic, sew a tube, hem it and add some elastic at the waist pattern. I embellished with a heart made from the same t-shirt I used for the butt of the pants. I cant resist a little matching.

I need to mail this now because I have about 6 other things I want to add and as the list grows so does the time these finished bits sit here... waiting. And if I'm not careful, sweet Eva will have outgrown them before they even make it to her. So Kel, they're on the way ... uh, next week... right after I finish these bloomers I have bookmarked...

Update: Weeeee! Eva's pants were featured. Win!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment