Sunday, May 15, 2011

On to baby pants!

I've been trying to perfect this pattern for a couple of months now and I think I've almost got it. Of course, my little bean will probably grow before I've tweaked it exactly how I want it, but such is life. I've been able to make several respectable pairs of pants all from upcycled or thrifted materials. The pair I made today took me about 45 minutes, start to finish. I think I could probably cut it down to 30 if I were super organized...


I got the fabric in a lot I bought from a woman I found on craigslist. I think I paid like 5 bucks for about 6 or 7 yards of different kinds of fabric. Yay, craigslist!
This green pair is my favorite. I made them from an old button up of Bruce's.


This little grandpa pair was made from some old curtains a friend gave me.


Its so rewarding and fun to make clothes for Jack. Especially clothes that he seems to be comfortable in. And the random exclamations of "Oh wow, you made that?" dont hurt either.

No comments:

Post a Comment